relationships

relationships

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

10 Success Habits To Swell Your Bank Balance as a youth

SPEED INTRO…
MG: Each point builds on the previous point, so it’s very important that people
listen right through until the end to find out how the whole thing comes
together.
PT: So try not to skip through any of the pointers we are going to go through
because if you do miss any one of these that could sabotage your success. So
although you may think that you know it all and you have heard it all before,
please listen to everything and we are sure you will enjoy this.
Success Habit #1
LIFE GOALS
MG: This is where so many people fall down. I ran a mentoring course in 2004; I
took 10 individuals, several of whom actually had quite good marketing
knowledge and some very good technical knowledge so they knew what they
were doing online.
However, what a number of them had not done was to set their Life Goals,
therefore the very first thing I wanted to ask them was for them to put the money
aside for a moment as this is what you are going to make through the process. I
wanted to know WHY they wanted to earn the money, that was the question that
I had.
One person said that they wanted to work protecting animals, so they wanted to
have an animal sanctuary with horses there and so on, so they built up this vision
that it was going to be on a hill with a valley below with space for them to roam
after they have finished racing for them to live out the rest of their lives etc. So
they had this whole vision of this place, at one point I could almost feel that I was
there too. So that was their Life Goal.
Another person I worked with just wanted to retire to a farm, that was their Life
Goal, someone else wanted to have an airstrip in their garden, so as someone
who flies myself it was also something that appealed to me too.
So these are the keys, to have something that you want to do, so that earning the money is not the key.
want time‐freedom, which would enable them to do the things they
wanted.
MG: So the goals there may be more modest like spending time with the family,
someone may be getting up at 7am and getting back home at 7pm when the kids
are already in bed, so maybe they need more time. Maybe they work all
weekend, so their Life Goal maybe to spend more time with the family and to be
with the kids when they are growing up or to spend more time with the
grandchildren or whatever.
So a Life Goal could be anything, but the thing I have really discovered working
with others who are trying to make it online is that they need to have that very
firm objective in mind and of course once they do, working becomes a pleasure
because they are then working for a purpose online and so it needs to be
something greater than just earning money. This is hard to explain to someone
who is currently earning a small amount per month, whatever the figure is
through online marketing and someone is saying that the key is to set the
objectives and not the amount of money, so you set the objective and then work
out how much money you need to make. That is going to sound pretty weird as
people tend to think in monetary terms.
Peter, if you think of all the successful online marketers you know or for that
matter in any sphere, I can’t think of one of them who are really just motivated
by the money. They may that it’s fantastic when they make $1 million from a
project or whatever, but the thrill for them was in just doing it and for a whole
bunch of other reasons, probably none of which were for the money itself and
nothing else.
PT: I know many rich and wealthy people who are very unhappy for whatever
reason, perhaps they haven’t actually dug deep enough into what they really
want. One danger is that if you just set monetary goals when you are unhappy,
then when you reach the financial goal of x thousand per month but are still not
happy, then you are going to fall into that cycle of thinking that you need more
and more money which is not the answer.
MG: There is more to life than money; personally my goals are very long term to
be a politician, a strange goal I am sure! People have written to me before now to
say that after hearing that, if I had been trying to impress them, then my
credibility has just gone down the drain and they will never buy from me again!
They think that I am no better than a used car salesman or probably worse!
The key for me is that in my life and my world it is the most important objective
to me, so everything else that I do revolves around that single objective and it
comes back to the same point that you must have your Life Goal, you must know
where you are trying to get to and until you have that, I wager that you will
never make a success of things online, you must have something greater than just
making money.
PT: Without setting those objectives, you can waste much of your time
throughout the day. Years ago I found that once I had set my objectives I could
then look at events and people and decide which would help me move forward
and which were of no use at all which I avoided. That meant that I was free to
focus on the things, which could help me to move forward.
I think that many people waste time if they don’t have theirs goals set by
pursuing all kinds of stupid activities, which will not help them to progress.
MG: So what you are saying is that this gives you a Framework.
PT: Also for those people who don’t have much money, I know that others say
that money isn’t everything, (and it’s usually rich people who say that), well
that’s fine if you are living a simple life, say in a field when all you need are the
basics like milk and things to eat. What is worse than that if you haven’t got
money is to be in debt, I think that in a couple of years time this could be a big
problem and many will be struggling.
What I would say to anyone who is in debt who may be reading this and
thinking ‘It’s alright for you two to say that’, make it your Life Goal to get out of
debt – even to become solvent again could be your objective.
MG: That’s a very strong objective, because if you are in that position then you
will know of the worry, the heartache, the concern every time the mail turns up if
there’s going to be another bill or demand in there. So that is a really powerful
objective as it is far greater than just saying ‘I want to make a lot of money’ you
want to make money because you want to change your entire quality of life
more to come later for all youths

No comments:

Post a Comment